[OS X TeX] block comment

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 15 18:53:00 EST 2005

On Nov 15, 2005, at 3:32 PM, George Gratzer wrote:

> I use TeXShop with the built in editor.
>
> GG
>
> On Nov 15, 2005, at 2:39 PM, Joseph C. Slater wrote:
>

>> On Nov 15, 2005, at 12:31 PM, George Gratzer wrote:
>>
>>> If I select a few lines of text in the source and comment it out,
>>> the percent signs appear, the text turns red.
>>>
>>> If I select a many lines of text in the source and comment it
>>> out, there is no visible change until I click, undoing the
>>> selection.
>>>
>>> Is this a bug?
>>>
>> Probably. But, you're not going to get very far until you tell
>> people what editor you're using.
>> Joe

Howdy,

Assuming you are selecting lines and then using Cmd-{ (Shift-Cmd-[)
to comment out the lines I seem to get the same behavior no matter
how many lines I choose. A single line, multiple lines by dragging
(remember that paragraphs are soft wrapped so they act like a single
line), multiple lines by Shift and Up/Down Arrow, All by Cmd-A, give
the same result: the comments marks are placed at the beginning of
the line and everything that is a comment turns red. I assume that if
the selection is truely huge it will take some time to propagate
through the selection.

By the way, which version of OS X and which version of TeXShop are
you using?

Finally, I don't mean to be (too) pushy but I'm curious; are you the
George Gratzer who wrote the `Math Into LaTeX' book?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)