[OS X TeX] Problem with Printing

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Wed Nov 16 19:16:13 EST 2005

Hmm. From reading the rest of your reply the font encoding issue is irrelevant.

I think it is clear that the problem is not related to LaTeX or TeXShop, but
rather to your printer setup. I assume you have tried deleting the printer
instance creating a new one from the new drivers you installed.

This page addresses some of the printing issues people have on Mac OS X,
printing with Ghostscript. They suggest using Gimp Print, which effectively
prints each page as an image. It is quite old now, but may be useful in
understanding what the problem is.
http://www.macwrite.com/criticalmass/x-print-on-mac-os-x-jaguar.php

This page explains a little of what your CUPS printing is doing. Again, it is
quite old.
http://www.danka.de/apple-cups-en/

In the Help, the support document about printer drivers states " Some printer
files included with Mac OS X 10.4 might not be included with previous Mac OS X
versions, and vice-versa." Which may explain why the older version of X
worked. However, it also says that the driver "EPSON EPL-5900L 2.11.01" is
installed with 10.4.

You could try redirecting your query here, there are people there that deal
with these kinds of problems more frequently than here.
http://macosx.com/content/faq.php/c31/Mac-OS-X-Operating-System-104x.html

Cheers
Alan