[OS X TeX] RE: Newbie TeTex font installation

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Fri Nov 18 05:05:29 EST 2005

hiya,

On Nov 18, 2005, at 12:54 PM, Paul Vickers wrote:

> As for Apple Font support in TeX, Gerben, if you could make it so
> we can use 'normal' LaTeX commands, then the files would be
> portable across platforms (with the limitation that on a different
> platform the system would have to do its usual font substitution.

hm... YATP - yet another tex package... for unicode stuff the
fontspec-package works great, would be nice to be able to extend its
capabilities on normal TeX, just to make life simpler in the future.
i know that it is possible to fix every little problem with a neat
little package, but i can't say, that it makes the whole TeX system
any more attractive to newcomers and other not-so-nerdy people inside
universities. that's sad.

.martin