[OS X TeX] powerdot and pst-3dplot

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at fc.ul.pt
Sun Nov 20 16:48:37 EST 2005

I use the powerdot document class for doing presentations in LaTeX (I
used to use prosper, and it is a huge step forward).

I have used powerdot with pstricks code in my presentations with no
problem. Today I tried to use pst-3dplot inside a powerdot
presentation, but I can't.
(pst-3dplot is part of the pstricks distribution and is used to draw
3D stuff)

It seems that there is some incompatibility between powerdot commands
and pst-3dplot.
I have the latest versions of both powerdot and pstricks.

Here is a minimal example:

\documentclass[mode=present,display=slides,style=fyma]{powerdot}
\usepackage{pst-3dplot}
\begin{document}
\begin{slide}{}
\end{slide}
\end{document}

Typesetting this (or anything that involves slides), I get

! Missing control sequence inserted.
<inserted text>
                 \inaccessible
l.5 \end{slide}

On the other hand, if I just put some pst-3dplot command without
creating slides, it typesets ok (but of course this is not useful,
except for trying to figure out what is wrong here).
For example,

\documentclass[mode=present,display=slides,style=fyma]{powerdot}
\usepackage{pst-3dplot}
\begin{document}
\pstThreeDCoor
\end{document}

does produce the 3D axis (note that there is no slide environment).

I'd appreciate any help on this. Can someone test similar examples on
their setup and see if it works?

I have tested several presentations, which have lots of slides and
typeset just fine; merely adding \usepackage{pst-3dplot} makes them
fail.
On the other hand, I have several non-powerdot documents that use
pst-3dplot commands and work fine.

TIA

Luis Sequeira