[OS X TeX] Re: EPS files displayed as blank white box with latest TeX version (latex + Ghostscript)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 21 08:42:43 EST 2005

Am 21.11.2005 um 13:48 schrieb Markus Hänchen:

> Is there another place where I could report it (or should just repost
> it here with a more precise subject line?)

Yes: send it directly to Gerben Wierda, since he is the author of
simpdftex, a simulator for real pdfTeX. And since it's just a shell
script you could either add to the first line ' -x' or ' -xv' to make
it report more about what it is currently doing. If you can work in
Terminal (or a *shell* buffer in Emacs) you could invoke 'sh -x
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/simpdftex <tex file
name>' to see there too (without modification) what is happening.

I'd think it's already dvips that misses the EPS file ../file.eps. This
could come from the fact that it uses a variable that names the 'root'
of some branches of the file system in which to search for parts of the
whole 'project' (TeX source file + non-TeX ingredients). Since the
search goes 'downwards' and '.' (the current working directory where
the TeX source file is) is always part of this search, dvips will find
the file as for example EPS-things/file.eps, but not on the 'higher'
level, which '..' indicates.

So you have one clue for a possible solution: non-TeX ingredients
'below' the TeX source; a second one would be to create symbolic links
from the TeX source files's directory pointing to these non-TeX files
somewhere in the file system.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein