[OS X TeX] Including jpg w/ graphicx

Christopher Allen Christopher.T.Allen.95 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Tue Nov 22 14:06:50 EST 2005

I've just started trying to include graphics with graphicx,
specifically jpegs, in my documents. I set the path to the file using
\graphicspath{{~/Pictures/}}, and that seems to be working properly.
I'm now stuck with

\includegraphics*[bb=0 0 200 200]{mir1.jpg}

leading to the error

! Extra \endcsname.
\@providesfile ... \xdef \csname ver@#1\endcsname
                                                   {#2}\endgroup

I've been hunting around with Google, but I haven't quite figured
this one out. It seems to be a relatively common error. I think I
just don't understand well enough what graphicx is doing to be able
to fix this myself after reading what I found. Could someone send me
a piece sample of code that works? Or maybe someone sees something
really silly that I'm doing?

Thanks!
Chris