[OS X TeX] How to set a path in OS X.4

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Nov 26 06:05:55 EST 2005

Am 25.11.2005 um 23:42 schrieb Georg Verweyen:

> The only thing a bit annoying is that pstopdf (which has nothing tot
> do with TeX) still gets stuck

I'm still not on Tiger, and on Panther I've seen Apple's pstopdf fail
quite often (IMO). Can you send my your EPS file privately for some
investigation here? Could be in December (even before Christmas?) I'll
update to Mac OS X 10.4.3 for another test ...

One obvious problem pstopdf has is, that it can't work with files that
are valid PostScript and do not contain for example Times or Helvetica
fonts while loading and using them. Any RIP, soft or hard, must be able
to work on this documents, a PDF file too does not need to contain the
usual set of 14 PostScript fonts (Apple's LaserWriters and HP's desktop
LaserJets had 35 PostScript fonts).

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?"
                                                    - Tom Stoppard