[OS X TeX] Re: dvipdf vs. dvipdfm vs. dvipdfmx

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Nov 27 18:56:44 EST 2005

Am 28.11.2005 um 00:33 schrieb Stephen Moye:

> Well, yes, if you knew the size of the eps.

No matter whether you know or don't know: for EPS it's epstopdf, it's
intended to handle any arbitrary size. There are (programme) names that
mean something.

>  But, given that the size of the eps is given in the BoundingBox
> comment I should have thought that this could be handled automatically
> by ps2pdf in the same way that epstopdf does.

ps2pdf does not need this. It's meant to handle pages of some regular
size that it even received a fixed name.

Just compare the both scripts and beware of trying to eat your Good
Morning muesli with a hammer ...

--
Greetings

   Pete