[OS X TeX] Setting up PDFtricks on MacOS10.4

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Mon Nov 28 12:29:36 EST 2005

Le 28-nov.-05 à 18:13, Ingo Reich a écrit :

> Am 28.11.2005 um 16:46 schrieb Christopher Allen:
>
>  A related question to those who are experienced users of pdftricks
> and/or pst-pdf: Did anybody test on a larger document whether, and
> if so, how much faster the combination of pst-pdf/pdftricks
> +pdflatex is compared to altpdflatex/simppdftex (i.e., a pdflatex
> run vs. an altpdflatex run)?
> Best, Ingo

I'm mainly a mfpic user, but sometimes I need pstricks for 3D
pictures, and then I use (New)pdftricks. If you have very numerous
pictures, pdftricks takes a lot of time to generate all the pictures
(in a single composition, however, unlike pst-pdf), but once the
pictures generated, it's as fast as altpdflatex (now simpdflatex, I
think) for the following compositions.