[OS X TeX] Suspicion of TeXShop bug

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Nov 28 14:46:31 EST 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 08:33 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Nov 28, 2005, at 10:13 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>

>> What do you mean? I'm not sure I ever saw this dot (in the TeXShop
>> built-in editor, I mean). Where is it located? Or are you speaking
>> of BBEdit, by any chance?
>>
>> Bruno
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Whenever window contents have changed but haven't been saved there
> is a small black dot that appears in the red close button (upper
> left of the window). The dot shows even when the window is not
> selected, so the dot is gray.

To add to the stream, I have seen Bruno's problem, intermittently.
After seeing it a few times, I noticed that that the 'black dot' was
absent after typesetting, although the displayed (by TeXShop) PDF was
unchanged.

When I notice this, I either change the file (which usually works),
or dump the aux files (which always works), and typeset again.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large