[OS X TeX] Setting up PDFtricks on MacOS10.4

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 28 17:21:59 EST 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 3:36 PM, Christopher Allen wrote:

> After reinstalling everything /usr/local/teTeX/bin/ is empty,
> resulting in an error when pdflatex looks for /usr/local/teTeX/bin/
> powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex. I would guess I just need to
> change my path settings, but I don't know where pdflatex now resides.
>
> Thanks!
> Chris

Howdy,

Huh!?

Did the package download off the net? Did you do an Install and
Configure?

1)download the latest i-installer:

<ftp://ftp.tug.org/mirror/ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/volumes/ii2/
II2.dmg>

2)After putting the i-installer in you Applications folder, double
click it and click on the i-Package->Known Packages i-Directory menu
item. From the window that opens choose Gerben's i-Directory @ TUG
and then double click the TeX i-package. This will download the first
part of the package. Press Install & Configure and choose TL2005. Now
comes the large downloads and the need to give your admin account
password; the latter will come up several times as the downloaded
packages are unpacked, installed and configured. Follow the defaults
(well, in the default page you might want letter as the default - you
were in the US weren't you)?

You also might want to get the latest ghostscript package.

Now that I'm saying this... what version of OS X are you using?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)