[OS X TeX] Hi, an introduction post!

Vicky Lamburn victoria at sunshinesista.fsworld.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 18:22:39 EST 2005

Hiya,

A quick email to say hello, as this is my first e-mail to this
mailing list.  I have been using TeX/LaTeX for a little under a week
now and I have found it very easy to fall in love with.

So much so it has really reinvigorated my pleasure in writing that
sometimes using a word processor lacks, and the output is wonderful!

You can read and see more about myself on my website http://
www.lilserenity.com which I designed especially for clarity and an
excellent showcase for content, perhaps showing that I was destined
to use a system such as TeX/LaTeX all along!

I do a lot of writing, some technically orientated, some fictionally
based when there isn't a paintbrush, wacom tablet pen or camera in my
hands :)

My first proper document is one about installing Type 1 fonts on a
Mac OS X system for TeX.  I am all too aware that many excellent
documents exist, but at the time I did not make sense of it all and
it took me some piecing together.  So in an attempt to document this,
and have a really good practice at making my first proper document
this was the result:

http://www.lilserenity.com/FontInstall.pdf (source: http://
www.lilserenity.com/FontInstall.tex)

It will probably be revised a few times and you may find odd  bits
that I need correcting on, it is in the very literal sense a document
of my experiences -- some of which may well be wrong and I need
correcting on.

Also; I am learning slowly about the best way to format things but
with virtually all the credit going to TeX; it's the best looking
document I have ever created!  Feedback would of course be very
gratefully received!

Anyway, look forward to interacting some more on this list and
learning a whole lot more about this fantastic typesetting system!

Vicky