[OS X TeX] Hi, an introduction post! - what a wonderful world
Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Nov 29 16:15:04 EST 2005
On 29 Nov 2005, at 10:12, Steffen Hokland wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2005, at 8:50 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>> It is 2.34. The separate installer is still at 2.26. If you
>> uninstall that one you get the one from TeX. Or you wait a short
> On Nov 29, 2005, at 9:02 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>> The i-Package has been updated to 2.36.
> - what a wonderful world it would be if commercial software
> companies were that fast with support and bug fixes...
And in that time I also ran a rebuild with 2.26 because I installed
everything, but forgot to change a Makefile setting. So what happened
- download LCDF Typetools and unarchive in my source tree
- Edit the readme RTF
- run a "make reinstall" in the i-Package source directory
(forgetting to change 2.26 to 2.36), which runs the compile and
install in my Build directory
- run a make to build the package
- uploading to a private i-Directory (also a make command)
- installing it with i-Installer, in the meantime starting to upload
to all i-Directories
- Finding out the version had not changed, stopping upload and
blocking the i-Directories
- Change the Makefile to say 2.36
- Run another "make reinstall"
- Run another make to build and upload the i-Package to all i-
Directories, in the meantime install it with i-Installer locally
In 12 minutes.
In defense of commercial companies: I do not need a financial
department, a legal department, a communications department, a CEO, a
marketing department, a planning & control department, a quality
department ;-), as well as many meetings to make all those
departments work together.
------------------------- Info --------------------------
Mac-TeX Website: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
& FAQ: http://latex.yauh.de/faq/
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Archive: http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/
More information about the MacOSX-TeX