[OS X TeX] gwTeX package list

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 1 19:22:28 EDT 2005

On Oct 1, 2005, at 5:46 PM, Stephan Hochhaus wrote:

> Am 29.09.2005 um 17:26 schrieb Peter Dyballa:
>
>> There is a 2.400 lines long /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/ls-
>> R listing ...
> I just checked this file (out of curiosity) and I tried to look for
> some packages I thought i-Installer/gwTeX would include, namely
> memoir and jurabib but they weren't there. The reason is quite
> simple: There's more than one of these ls-R files. If someone
> really wants to know what came with the i-Installer I guess they
> should take a look at all four ls-R files:
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/ls-R
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/ls-R
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/ls-R
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/ls-R
>
> Stephan

Howdy,

If you're running Tiger (OS X 10.4) you can force /usr/local/teTeX to
be searched by issuing

sudo mdimport -f /usr/local/teTeX

in Terminal. It will take a while; lots of files to index. If you
have the .dvi importer it will even index those too. Once it is done
you will be able to search for files using Spotlight which I have
found quite helpful once it has been ``trained'' properly.

Since the contents of that directory is fairly stable (at least on my
system), you shouldn't have to redo the indexing very often.

As mentioned before, in another context, you can get SpotlighIndexer,
a freeware GUI front end for mdimport. Set its preference for Force
Import and put any directories you want to force to import in the
list. It's available at <http://www.kelleycomputing.net/>.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)