[OS X TeX] LaTeX FAQ relaunch

Stephan Hochhaus stephan at yauh.de
Sat Oct 1 19:30:12 EDT 2005

Hello!

As some of you may have already noticed, the LaTeX on Mac OS X FAQ
located at http://latex.yauh.de/faq/ was in really bad shape. Not
only were some of the entries rather outdated (dead links and such)
but also vicious comment spammers took over the FAQ. Plus user
additions would become corrupted thanks to an old software version.
But those are all things of the past now. Tonight I re-launched the
FAQ, checked the entries, updated the software and added some
functionality.

Unfortunately I didn't find any time to spice up the design, which
sometimes appears to break entries or messes them up when viewed in a
small browser window. If anyone knows a little css, has some spare
time on his hands and wants to help out, please contact me, until
then it will be functional but somewhat-ugly :-)
Everyone else: Please feel free to participate in building the FAQ by
adding comments, rating entries or adding your own questions and
answers if you think them to be interesting.

Although I try to keep the FAQ specific to OS X-related matters,
which as you know from this list it isn't always easy to
differentiate between generic and specific LaTeX questions, there are
also some of the really frequently asked questions about general
LaTeX usage.

stephan