[OS X TeX] Pdftricks doesn't seem to fit with the new gwTeX distribution

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Sun Oct 2 15:30:28 EDT 2005

Hello everybody,

I have just installed the new gwTeX distribution (TeXLive 2005,
PowerPc binary) and I've suddenly run into a strange problem, with a
file containing a pstricks figure, compiled with pdfLaTeX using
pdftricks (in fact, the Newpdftricks package by Herb Schulz). The
figure takes a whole page of the document, only for itself. It
happened with Newpdftricks, not with the original pdftricks package,
and I don't have any problem if I run TeX+Ghostcript, without
pdftricks of course. Here is an (oversimplified) short version of
this figure :

\documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{pdftricks}
\begin{psinputs}
     \usepackage{pst-3dplot}
\end{psinputs}
\usepackage{multicol}
\begin{document}
\begin{pdfpic}
\begin{pspicture}(-1.6,-1)(0.5,1.25)
     \psset{unit=4cm,xMin=0,xMax=1.25,zMin=0,
     zMax=1.25,yMin=0,yMax=1.25,Alpha=12}
     \pstThreeDCoor
\end{pspicture}
\end{pdfpic}
What's the matter ?
\end{document}

This simple source produces a three pages pdf document ! First a void
page, then the figure and finally the short text... And more, with
this simplified version, now not only Newpdftricks but also the
original pdftricks produce that strange behavior !!

I'm completely lost... Any idea of what happened ?