[OS X TeX] reasonable PSTricks installation

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 08:02:35 EDT 2005

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 13:40:24 +0200, Franck Pastor <pastor at fusl.ac.be>
wrote:

> Le 09-oct.-05 à 12:55, Michael Hoppe a écrit :
>

>> It's obsolete.  Try pst-pdf instead.
>>
>> Michael
>
> Or Newpdftricks.

The goals of the packages are different. pst-pdf does not require changes
to the document source but requires multiple passes. (New)pdftricks on the
other hand requires changes to the source but can do with a single run due
to write18. The thing that caused me to choose pst-pdf for a complicated
project this summer was the fact that I didn't have to change the source.
--
Morten