[OS X TeX] Re: Maarten's Bugs for MacTeX Distribution

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Mon Oct 10 16:28:04 EDT 2005

Maarten,

I have just begun.

> ----------------------------
> Jaguar (10.2.8):
> -- General remark: although installed by default, the BSD subsystem
> is optional. I haven't tried installing without it, but the
> presence should be checked in the install script. Is that done
> (Dick Koch probably knows)?
>
> -- Major issues found. NOT READY FOR RELEASE!
> -- -- TeXShop version 1.35 is installed, it does not start at all.
> A few bounces in the dock, and that is it. I manually installed
> TeXShop 1.40, and it works. It does not include the simpdftex latex
> --maxpfb setting, users have to change this default manually. The
> originally installed TeXShop gives the following in the Console:
> dyld: /Applications/TeX/TeXShop.app/Contents/MacOS/TeXShop can't
> open library: /usr/lib/libmx.A.dylib  (No such file or directory,
> errno = 2). The crash log is available if you need it.

Luckily, I have kept all previous packages. It turns out that
packages have ALWAYS contained TeXShop 2.03
and TeXShop 1.40 and installed the appropriate one. (Now the package
has 2.04 and 1.41., which fix the
simpdftex problem) So this copy of 1.35 cannot have come from the
installer.

Did you notice that the installer puts programs in /Applications/TeX.
Is it possible that you already had
TeXShop 1.35 on system 10.2 and didn't notice the later copy in /
Applications/TeX? I admit this may be
a problem for folks who are using the package to update themselves,
but I put applications in the
TeX subfolder at the request of someone else and like that organization.

Dick