[OS X TeX] printer tells cryptic messages

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Oct 11 09:57:42 EDT 2005

On Oct 11, 2005, at 8:06 AM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> I've installed a brand new i-Installer Expert-TeX and a brand new
> TeXShop. When I print a document the printer prints after the
> printout of the document a further sheet with three lines of text:
>
>     ERROR: undefined
>     OFFENDING COMMAND:
>     STACK: false , (*)
>
> *) In some cases there are three repetitions of »false« in other
> cases no one.
>
> Why? What's wrong?
>
> The printer is a Xerox Phaser 3450DN. The operating system is Mac
> OS X 10.4.2

Is it printing your *entire* document and then printing this error at
the end or does it print this before it gets to the end of the
document and then not print the rest? I have seen this happen when I
include a figure (pdf or eps) in the document that the printer is
having trouble with. When the printer gets to the page with the
offending figure, it prints out what you have shown above and then
does not print the rest of the document.