[OS X TeX] latexdb & texshop

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 13 17:21:18 EDT 2005

I think you misunderstood what happened: The open file has been
renamed by the shell script and TS isn't aware of it. Even if it
were, like BBEdit, e.g., this wouldn't be much helpful, because
subsequent typesettings and reruns of the shell script would result
in very awkward and long filenames.

In my opinion the script latexdb is simply badly written in this
respect. If you want to backup a file, then you should produce a copy
with a different name and not rename the original and give the copy
the old name.

Claus