[OS X TeX] DVI problem with latest TeXShop and i-Installer files

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sun Oct 16 10:54:28 EDT 2005

On 16 Oct 2005, at 03:25, John Vokey wrote:

> As I wrote previously, generating pdf is not the problem, just the
> TeX and Ghostscript path (which is needed for TeX4ht).  The
> suggested cmd line commands all yield something similar to the
> following (which this command produced, ignoring the successful
> generation of the pdf):
>
> Output written on fpe.pdf (5 pages, 101481 bytes).
> Transcript written on fpe.log.

I noticed becaus of the other post. You were running simpdftex, this
calls the engine that is given, hence "simpdftex latex" calls latex
to create the DVI and then dvips & gs to create the PS and the PDF.
But your call did not produce a DVI.

I lost your previous message. Could you show the log again? And can
you call simpdftex --debug from the command line?