[OS X TeX] beamer/psnup 4up page

David Firth d.firth at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Oct 16 14:56:52 EDT 2005

Ingo Reich wrote:
> Hi, what settings for psnup do people us to print out a 4up handout  of
> beamer.cls slides? I tried the recommended settings (psnup -4 - W128mm
> -H96mm -pa4 -m5mm -b2mm), but the slides are pushed too far to  the
> right. Thanks, Ingo

Not exactly what you asked, but, in case it helps...

For handouts from Beamer slides I have come to prefer 6-up.  I use
pdflatex and then pdfnup (rather than psnup), via a script file
"beamer6upA4" that looks like:

#! /bin/sh
pdfnup --nup 2x3 --frame true --noautoscale false --orient portrait
--delta "0.2cm 0.3cm" --scale 0.95 $1

This works well for A4 paper.  For "US letter" paper a small change
makes things fit more nicely:

#! /bin/sh
pdfnup --nup 2x3 --frame true --noautoscale false --orient portrait
--delta "0.2cm 0.3cm" --scale 0.96 --paper letterpaper $1

I guess you could adapt that for 4-up if that's what is wanted, and if
you don't mind pdf.

You can get pdfnup from
   http://www.warwick.ac.uk/go/pdfjam
if you don't have it already.