[OS X TeX] jagged fonts again

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Oct 18 10:44:28 EDT 2005

On Oct 18, 2005, at 8:18 AM, kp.gores wrote:

> hi,
>
> after one of the recent updates to he i-installer packages i (agai)
> have the jagged fonts problem....surprisingly nobody else has
> reporte the same on this list.
>
> this happened once some time ago but i do not remember the fix.
> maybe it was with tetex or context. can someone please help me?
>

> i do have the following i-packages:
>
> cm-super.ii2/        ii2.ii2/      tex.ii2/
> context-update.ii2/  pfaedit.ii2/  xetex-doc.ii2/
> ghostscript-8.ii2/   potrace.ii2/  xetex.ii2/
>
> regards
>  kp

Howdy,

Did you use the Beta install for the ConTeXt Updater? In the past
I've had occasional problems with fonts after the Beta install. Use
the Uninstall option for the ConTeXt Updater and then rerun the
Configuration stage of the TeX installer. I haven't had problems with
the Stable install for the ConTeXt Updater. Hope that gets you up and
running.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)