[OS X TeX] cocoAspell dictionary question

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Fri Oct 21 14:24:13 EDT 2005

On Oct 21, 2005, at 1:15 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2005, at 11:10 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>

>> I just installed cocoAspell 2.0.2 for use with LaTeX documents in
>> TeXShop and there is one thing about it that has me perplexed --
>> what is the difference between the myriad of English dictionaries
>> that are installed by default?  I haven't the faintest idea which
>> to choose (or does one want to choose all of them?) and the
>> descriptions for the various dictionaries are, as far as I can
>> tell, largely the same. :-)
>>
>> Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -- Gary
>>

> Howdy,
>
> With the English dictionaries you can click on the dictionary and
> then click on the About this dictionary button and you get some
> information about it. Actually, the list of included dictionaries
> is the most informative item presented. I've only checked off the
> last (US) dictionary and am pretty happy with it.

That is also what I am using.

> I also have it set to skip over (La)TeX commands and that seems to
> work fairly well. You can add new (La)TeX commands to the list and
> even determine which option/required arguments get checked and
> which are skipped.

When you say "skip over (La)TeX commands", I assume you mean that you
have checked the "TeX/LaTeX" and "Texinfo" filters for your chosen
dictionary -- is that correct?

I really like it that I can use this dictionary in just TeXShop by
selecting it in spelling. I can leave all other apps just as they are
(at least that appears to be the case).

Thank you,

-- Gary