[OS X TeX] cocoAspell dictionary question

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Fri Oct 21 14:32:46 EDT 2005

On Oct 21, 2005, at 12:48 PM, Frank STENGEL wrote:

> Le 21 oct. 05 à 16:10, Gary L. Gray a écrit :
>

>> I just installed cocoAspell 2.0.2 for use with LaTeX documents in
>> TeXShop and there is one thing about it that has me perplexed --
>> what is the difference between the myriad of English dictionaries
>> that are installed by default?  I haven't the faintest idea which
>> to choose (or does one want to choose all of them?) and the
>> descriptions for the various dictionaries are, as far as I can
>> tell, largely the same. :-)
>>

> Same thing when it comes to other languages. At least, the various
> choices (-ise, -ize, with/without accents) are somehow explained in
> the README found in /Library/Application Support/cocaspell/aspell6-
> en-6.0-0... For French, well, we are given 4 choices per dialect
> and no explanation as to what the choices are for...

Thank you. I did not know that stuff got installed there. Almost all
of my dictionary-related questions were answered by reading the files
in:

/Library/Application Support/cocoAspell/aspell6-en-6.0-0/doc/

It appears that choosing "English (United States)" at the bottom of
the list was the right thing to do (for me, anyway).