[OS X TeX] duplicated ntheorem

Josep M.Font jmfont at inicia.es
Tue Oct 25 12:01:50 EDT 2005

Hi,

Sorry if this is not the appropriate place to report this. It is my
first time reporting an installation problem or bug.

Recently I did a fresh install of the whole system (on a new disk),
using the 2004 distribution (I think: I was not asked during
installation!) and by chance I have jsut discovered that I have TWO
"ntheorem" packages: One in the textmf.gwtex tree (older, 2002 version
of the package) and one in the texmf.tetex tree (newest, 2004 version).
When typesetting, TeXShop finds the older version first, which prevents
from using some features.

I don't known if it was my fault, neither how to repair it temporarily,
nor whether I should do something else... May I safely delete the older
version ? (I see I need to use terminal with sudo...). Should I upgrade
to 2005 distribution ? Have others found the same ?

BTW, how can I check, now, which TeX distribution do I have installed ?

Thanks for any advice. I have just discovered this *wonderful* package
"ntheorem" and I want to use it all!

JMaF