[OS X TeX] TeXniscope and pdfsync

Thomas Schröder hydrochlorix at gmx.net
Mon Oct 31 05:01:10 EST 2005

Hi everybody,

For a few days now I've been having problems with TeXniscope and
pdfsync. I'm writing my thesis and it's growing on a daily basis and
somehow I seem to have passed a critical threshhold with the size of
the thing because one day last week synchronization between
TeXniscope and TextMate stopped working. When I command-click
somewhere in TeXniscope I get this as an answer:

     This document do not have syncronization info.

And when I use the TeXniscope provided script to sync from TextMate
to TeXniscope I'm not taken to the proper location. When I open the
same document in TeXShop, synchronization works both ways, plus
TeXshop shows me the synchronization marks, so this is clearly wrong.
I searched the archives and this seems to have come up once last
November and the then new version 0.3.2 should have fixed it (which
apparently it hasn't).

I also use the hyperref package and when I uncomment it,
synchronization works again. Also, I use a master file and I use
\include to load all the chapters.

I'm not sure which I use more, the table of contents provided by
hyperref or synchronization via pdfsync, so I'd be glad for any
advice you might have.

Bye, Thomas