[OS X TeX] boxing equations

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Tue Apr 4 07:51:01 EDT 2006

Below is my question and two solutions: using amsmath allows \boxed or
using \displaystyle inside of \fbox when the argument is in math mode.

Both worked.

I am using the \boxed option because it allows me to do things like

$$ a \Rightarrow \boxed{b}$$

so I can highlight the "most important" equation for my math-phobic
students.

Thanks for the quick response!

>> I want to box equations that are written using $$ ...$$.
>>
>> \fbox does not work.  Tex Companion says to use \boxed, but when I try it I
>> get "Undefined control sequence."
>>

> You have to put "\usepackage{amsmath}" in the preamble of your document.

and later ...