[OS X TeX] question on automating

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 9 09:54:21 EDT 2006

On 9 Apr 2006, at 15:28, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2006, at 8:11 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:
>
>> No, because you may have changed something on page 3, compiled and
>> found it to your liking, and then altered something on page 5,
>> you'd still be on page 3 (not 5). I think the easiest way to
>> describe the feature request is "open the preview on the page that
>> contains the result of the line where the insertion point is
>> located." Certainly preferences material, I can imagine that some
>> wouldn't like this.
>
> Maybe I misinterpreted but the original message said the change was
> in section 1.a.3 and he wanted to see those changes. I agree that
> changes before that section could move things around so the
> original position of the pdf is pointing at the wrong thing.

Don't read too much in my remarks, my mind reading module needs
calibrating anyway. What I described is how I would implement
something like this in my BBEdit/TextWrangler scripts. If there are
volunteers to help out there, I'd be grateful. I'd like to go from an
AppleScript/Shell hybrid to a pure AppleScript implementation. The
problem with that is that I cannot stand AppleScript, and Python/
Appscript might be nice, but BBEdit doesn't handle AppleEvents when
it is running a shell/perl/python script. Oh, well, there is alway
TeXlive 2007 ;-)

Maarten