[OS X TeX] fonts into ~/texmf or into /texmf?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Apr 22 22:39:49 EDT 2006

On Apr 22, 2006, at 2:42 PM, Rechtsanwalt Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Morning.
>
> Should I or must I or should I not or must I not install new font
> files into ~/texmf/... or into /texmf/...?
>
> TIA and kind regards. Friedrich

Howdy,

I don' think there is anything, besides administrator privileges,
that will stop you from installing there. However, it will all
disappear the next time you update your TeX installation! The best
place to install fonts that will be available to all users of a
system is within texmf.local which is retained on updates.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)