[OS X TeX] fonts into ~/texmf or into /texmf?

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sun Apr 23 08:34:47 EDT 2006

On Apr 23, 2006, at 12:56, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> There is probably still some MAP file to add, probably named bera.map!
> Put it into ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map and invoke
>
> 	updmap --enable Map=bera

Just for the record: personal administration setups, like made with
updmap (and not updmap-sys) will be ignored by the TeX i-Package (which
only works for system-wide use) in case you use the TeX i-Package. The
result will be that the TeX i-Package will perform stuff like updating
maps during configuration, but these will not be visible for you as a
user as you will have your own. Updates to TeX will therefore possibly
not entirely work for you as they will be installed perfectly but be
overridden by older stuff in your home dir.

Personally, I would advise to install in texmf.local and use "sudo -H
updmap-sys" (etc.), that way, the TeX i-Package configuration will be
aware of it and you have only one setup on your system (simpler).