[OS X TeX] question about fontspec/manually installing packages

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Apr 26 13:19:54 EDT 2006

Am 26.04.2006 um 18:50 schrieb Gerrit Glabbart:

> "locate searches a database for all pathnames which match the
> specified pattern.  The database is recomputed periodically, and
> contains the path-names of all files which are publicly accessible."

Yes, that's right: it's the user nobody that searches the whole disks
with find, so the command "ls -ld /Users/*" should show entries like
these:

	drwxrwxrwt    10 root   wheel    340 23 Feb 15:34 /Users/Shared
	drwxrwsr-x   364 pete   pete   12376 26 Apr 16:43 /Users/pete

where the permission to search this directory is on, which is the
final x or t in the first "word." Otherwise locate (or an interactive
find or a file name completion in Terminal for someone else's files)
won't find anything.

Any (more or less paranoid) user can have its own locate database:
the environment variable LOCATE_PATH can point to the user's private
locate database ... (SRCHPATHS needs to be re-set to $HOME or such)

--
Greetings

   Pete

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's
funny..." [Isaac Asimov]