[OS X TeX] conversion droplets

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Fri Aug 4 10:53:54 EDT 2006

On Aug 4, 2006, at 10:21 AM, Rene Borgella wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I've used two droplets, Droplatex2rtf and Droprtf2latex2e, over the
> years for converting docs.  I'm reinstalling a system and apps on a
> computer and can't seem to find anywhere to download fresh copies of
> these two droplets.  Does anyone know where I can find them?  Have
> they
> been supplanted by something else?

I recall those being very old classic apps. The underlying engines
have coma a long way since then. You can install both of them using i-
Installer. However, to do conversion, you then have to use the
command line latex2rtf filename.tex or rtf2latex2e filename.rtf .

There may be GUI interfaces to them. Since the command line execution
is so simple, it's hardly worth the bother. However, a droplet can
made using
http://www.mit.edu/people/wsanchez/software/darwin/DropScript-0.5.dmg

Just edit one of the example scripts, and make your own droplet.
Joe