[OS X TeX] dvipng1-8 and SAGE

Thomas Rike tricycle222 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 8 18:33:38 EDT 2006

On Aug 8, 2006, at 2:36 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 7 Aug 2006, at 11:35 pm, Thomas Rike wrote:
>
>> I have been trying to install dvipng1-8 .....
>
>> I have tried configuring (after reading the INSTALL document in
>> the dvipng1-8 directory) using
>>
>> Thomas-Rikes-Computer:~/sage-1.3.6/spkg/build/dvipng-1.8 trike$ ./
>> configure LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/teTeX/lib'CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/
>> teTeX/include/kpathsea'
>
> I think the appropriate way to set these would be something like:
>
>   $ LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/teTeX/lib' CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/teTeX/
> include' ./configure
>
> So prefix the flags settings to the ./configure command; and I
> don't think you should include the "kpathsea" directory level in
> the CPPFLAGS, as the source code will explicitly name this in the
> #include statements where needed.
>
> HTH,
>
> JK

Thanks for the help.  I tried presetting the flags as you suggested
with and without "kpathsea" but the output is still the same:

checking for kpse_set_progname in -lkpathsea... no
configure: error: cannot find/use libkpathsea

This is very strange since dvipng 1.6 is installed with MacTeX and is
working. Does having libkpathsea  owned by system cause a problem?
I'm so ignorant about these things it is embarrassing. Thanks