[OS X TeX] Change the style of references

Niels Kobschaetzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 9 06:14:26 EDT 2006

On Aug 9, 2006, at 12:04 PM, Steffen Hokland wrote:

> There are a wealth of different packages and bibliographystyles
> letting you to a wide degree customize the way your bibliography
> and cite looks. There is a good section in Kopka and Daly's 'A
> guide to LaTeX'. Personally I use the natbib.sty, which - I think -
> is part of the Gerben disto. It allows for Author-year citation and
> perhaps has functionality you're looking for.

Right now I'm using the style "natdin" because it uses some German
norm (DIN 1505) I can use for the papers I have to write (even those
are not the one what the lecturers want but it's quite easy to be
allowed to use them because those are DIN (German Industrial Norm)).
It just would be nice to just change the behaviour of cite.
If not - it will be more discussion or I have to write a complete
style by myself which is a little bit too much for me now

my original posting:

> On Aug 9, 2006, at 10:50 AM, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> When I cite I'm using \cite[some content like page-numbers of the
>> cited book]{cite-key} and then it appears as "(Author, Year,
>> content of [])".
>> But my lecturers want to have it in a style like "(Author Year:
>> content of [])"
>>
>> Where and how can I change the behaviour of \cite -- google didn't
>> really help or I just do not know the right terms to search with.
>>
>> Any help appreciated

Niels

--
Jack Sparrow: A wedding? I love weddings. Drinks all around.
-- Pirates of the Carribean: The Secret of the Black Pearl