[OS X TeX] How to convert eps w/bounding box to pdf retaining Bbox info

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Aug 10 13:34:09 EDT 2006

Le 10 août 06 à 19:11, Siep Kroonenberg a écrit :

> The program assumes that everything it needs is on the search path.
> For the terminal, this is set in .bash_profile, but for other
> programs, the environment and search path are set in
> $HOME/.MacOSX/environment.plist. So maybe something is wrong there?
>
> I am not absolutely sure how reasonable it is to expect directories
> such as /opt/local/bin or /usr/local/bin to be on the search path
> via environment.plist.  I might consider adding such directories at
> the end of the search path when it runs under osx.

Using a ~/.MacsOSX/environment.plist is something I prefer to avoid.
Using .bash_profile would only work for my user account. Generally i-
Installer installs things system-wide, and accordingly adds path
settings in /etc/profile (for bash):

## TeX modifications start at Wed Aug  9 02:04:18 CEST 2006
## Do not remove the previous line
if [ `whoami` != "root" ]
then
   PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current"
   export PATH
fi
## Do not remove the next line
## TeX modifications end at Wed Aug  9 02:04:18 CEST 2006
## setloginpath added /usr/local/bin start at Wed Aug  9 02:21:24
CEST 2006
## Do not remove the previous line
if [ `whoami` != "root" ]
then
   PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/bin"
   export PATH
fi
## Do not remove the next line
## setloginpath added /usr/local/bin end at Wed Aug  9 02:21:24 CEST
2006

and similarly in /etc/csh.login (for tcsh). The first addition comes
with the TeX i-Package, and the second with the GhostScript i-Package.

In this way, and after adding also /opt/local/bin manually in these
files, I get in Terminal (which is a login shell):

$ echo $PATH
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/
powerpc-apple-darwin-current:/usr/local/bin

> The applescript doesn't work from the script editor; the `path to
> me' thing only works when epspdf.app is called directly. You can
> compile epspdf.applescript in the script editor, and save it as an
> application, i.e. as epspdf.app, overwriting the supplied
> epspdf.app. Does that work?

No. When double-clicking epspdf.app, I get the menu bar (epspdf -
file - edit), but then immediately an error message pops up:

epspdfrc.rb:
175: command not found: gs --version
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1948:in `__invoke'
unhandled exception
	from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1948:in `_invoke'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1948:in `_ip_invoke_core'
	from

I tried looking for the complete log in Console.app, but don't know
which particular log file to look at.