[OS X TeX] How to convert eps w/bounding box to pdf retaining Bbox info

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Thu Aug 10 15:05:41 EDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 07:34:09PM +0200, Bruno Voisin wrote:
> Le 10 août 06 à 19:11, Siep Kroonenberg a écrit :
>

> >The applescript doesn't work from the script editor; the `path to
> >me' thing only works when epspdf.app is called directly. You can
> >compile epspdf.applescript in the script editor, and save it as an
> >application, i.e. as epspdf.app, overwriting the supplied
> >epspdf.app. Does that work?
>
> No. When double-clicking epspdf.app, I get the menu bar (epspdf -
> file - edit), but then immediately an error message pops up:
>
> epspdfrc.rb:
> 175: command not found: gs --version
> /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1948:in `__invoke'
> unhandled exception
> 	from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1948:in `_invoke'
> 	from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1948:in `_ip_invoke_core'
> 	from

The log file is epspdf.log in your home directory.

Your hand-compiled epspdf.app apparently DOES work, but doesn't solve
the path problem.

What happens if you run it from the command-line? I.e.

ruby <path to epspdf>/epspdf.tk

I have to think what to do about the path problem; whether there is
a clever way to make the script use the same path as when run from
the terminal, or whether I should just add some likely directories
to its private search path.

I guess I'll have to create a separate Mac archive if I don't want
to mutilate epspdf.app.

--
Siep Kroonenberg