[OS X TeX] pdflatex fails...'kpathsea: Running mktexfmt pdflatex.fmt'

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at web.DE
Wed Aug 16 05:02:34 EDT 2006

Am 16.08.2006 um 02:18 schrieb Andreas Duus Pape:

> Hello.  I get this error on a fresh-out-of-the-box reinstall of the
> big Mac-Tex download.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Did you log-out and log-in after installation? Or did you at least
launch a new Terminal after you have killed the old one with ⌘-Q?
You need a shell in which the changes from the installation are set
active.

Do you have some TeX related environment variables set? Notice that
the new format was created in your private TeX tree!

You could use i-Installer in a "Configure Only" tour to try to
correct some mistakes from MacTeX installation, although it probably
won't remove your private TeX tree in /Users/apape/Library/texmf/
{web2c,dvipdfm,dvips,pdftex,xdvi} ... This might work better (give
more choices) when you tell i-Installer that you are going to do this
step as an expert.

--
Greetings

   Pete

One doesn't expect governments to obey the law because of some higher
moral development.  One expects them to obey the law because they
know that if they don't, those who aren't shot will be hanged.
                                                  --Michael Shirley