[OS X TeX] First post to the list

Curt Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Wed Aug 16 09:42:19 EDT 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 6:23 AM, Nick Black wrote:

> Out of interest, do most of you use a standard text editor (emacs,
> vim) or do you use a suite like Texshop?  I'm using bibdesk to manage
> references at the moment.  Is there anything better?

I used BBEdit and some home-grown Applescript for my dissertation.  I
used TeXniscope as a previewer.  I used scripts for typesetting,
navigating between files, and jumping between source and preview.
Lately I've been using TeXShop for shorter papers.

For references nothing that I've tried even comes close to BibDesk if
you're writing in a TeX variant.  The auto-completion text service is
fabulous.  The BibDesk developers are among the most responsive and
helpful that I've ever experienced.

Cheers,

Curt

Curt Clifton, Asst. Professor
Computer Science and Software Engineering
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
812.877.8593
Home: http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~clifton
Schedule: http://ical.mac.com/curt.clifton/Rose-Hulman