[OS X TeX] apalike bib style

John B. Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Wed Aug 16 10:25:10 EDT 2006

Hi.  I'm writing an ms. for _AMATYC Review_ that follows _The
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association_.

<http://www.amatyc.org/publications/AMATYC-Review/AuthorGuidelines.htm>

I created a .bib file and in my .tex file I put

   \bibliographystyle{apalike}

But the output does not match what is shown on p.384 of _The LaTeX
Companion_ (1994).  What am I doing wrong?

I'm using OzTeX plus tetex installed using Fink and have both
"apalike.bst" and "apalike.sty", but have neither "apa.bst" nor
"apa.sty".  Mac OS X 10.3.9.

TIA.

---John.

(I subscribe to the digest.)

"There are no atheists in foxholes."
---Fr. William T. Cummings, M.M. (WWII, Philippines)
[_The Grunt Padre_, CMJ Marian Pub., p. 56]