[OS X TeX] First post to the list

Matthias Damm macplanet at macnews.de
Fri Aug 18 06:47:11 EDT 2006

Am 18.08.2006 um 10:44 schrieb Nick Black:

> What I need is:
>
> (The Free Software Foundation 2006)

That's easy:

        Author = {{The Free Software Foundation}},

i.e. enclose the Author into another set of curly brackets.

> So I need to make the compiler see the author field as one string,
>
> The same entry outputs like this to my bibliography:
>
> Foundation, T. F. S. (2006), 'The free software definition - gnu pro
> ject - free
> software foundation fsf ', Web.
>
> I need to get a "Last Checked" field in there somehow - probably by
> extrating it from the existing "Timestamp" field.  Any tips on how to
> acieve this?

Hard to tell without knowing exactly what settings and what style you
are using.
Why do you use a "timestamp" field -- does the style you are using
support that?
With jurabib, you would be able to use a urldate field, perhaps your
style supports something like that.

You might have to post a minimal example, so that we can reproduce
what is going on ...

Best regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Damm
mad at macpla.net
PGP key: http://macpla.net/MatthiasDamm.asc
PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41