[OS X TeX] comments on 10.3 support

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri Aug 18 11:44:00 EDT 2006

How many people are still using Panther (OS X 10.3) regularly?  Since we can no longer test/debug BibDesk on it, it's becoming harder to maintain "support" with any degree of certainty that it actually works.  Dropping our notional support would allow us to remove some hacks (of varying degrees of nastiness), and probably make our primary platform (Tiger) more reliable.

This only means that 10.3.9 users would be limited to using the last 10.3-compatible release, whatever that happens to be, but it would no longer be updated regularly.

Apologies to those of you who receive this on bibdesk-users as well; please reply to only one of the lists.

thanks,
Adam