[OS X TeX] paper orientation in geometry

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at web.DE
Mon Aug 21 12:03:38 EDT 2006

Am 21.08.2006 um 15:39 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:

> I want to print a PDF file without changing the paper orientation
> in the page setup dialogue. I've thought that this would be
> possible by adding dvips to the options of geometry.

In pdfTeX mode?!

> But it doesn't work. The print preview shows an portrait mode
> oriented empty page.

It's probably as in Preview and TeXShop: Preview shows automatically
landscape, TeXShop presses the landscape page in a portrait window.

Have you tried to create landscape oriented documents with Mac OS X
means and tried to view them in a pre-view before printing? I think
this will also fail because in System Preferences a particular paper
size is set – and some tools keep sticking to this mulishly!

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Encryption:  A powerful algorithmic encoding technique employed in
the creation
                      of computer manuals.