[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest #1828 - 08/21/06

S P Suresh spsuresh at cmi.ac.in
Wed Aug 23 02:57:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

Thanks Herb, for the help. I now have several of the more common
Emacs-like things working in the TeXShop editor. The write-up on
Cocoa Text System was also very informative. Thanks to Franck and
Kino, too, for their helpful suggestions. Sorry for the delayed
thanks. (I only receive the digests.)

I have a further query. Placing DefaultKeyBindings.dict in ~/Library/
KeyBindings affects a whole lot of applications, right!? What if I
want some key bindings to apply only for selected applications? Is
this easily achievable!?

I have a suggestion as well. Does it make sense for TeXShop to offer
some Editor Preferences wherein you are allowed to choose between
default beahviour, emacs-like behaviour, and vi-like behaviour (I
have not used many other editors, and cannot think of any!)!? Is it
easily doable? Will enough users consider it a worthy feature if it
is implemented!? To me, it looks like it will be quite useful, but I
am a newbie and do not know if it ``goes with'' the philosophy of Cocoa.

Thanks again for the help. I am learning something new everyday since
I acquired my Mac, and much of it has been by just reading the mails
on this list. Kudos to the people who are behind this, and also to
all the members of the list who keep it vibrant!

Cheers,
Suresh

S P Suresh
Chennai Mathematical Institute