[OS X TeX] Recipes

Sameer Agarwal sagarwal at cs.ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 24 18:14:19 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone,
I am not entirely certain if this is the best place to ask this question
but I think its worth a shot.

I am looking to typeset my recipe collection, but I dislike almost all the
various recipe style files I have come across for various reasons. The
first one has to do with the fact that a lot of recipes have parallel
steps which a sequential presentation of the recipe is not very suitable
for. Also many recipes can be stated fairly tersely once you know what
basic/master technique is being used at a particular stage.

So I am looking for something which allows you to present a recipe in a
more visually intuitive fashion while still being able to capture all the
necessary details unique to that dish. One of the benefits of such a
representation would be the ability to compare and contrast different but
related dishes.

The only interesting attempt at something like this that I have seen is

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sameer