[OS X TeX] Beginner help with TeXshop/MacTex needed

Rowland McDonnell rjmm-lists1 at fireflyuk.net
Fri Aug 25 05:01:22 EDT 2006

I've just installed <http://tug.org/ftp/tex/mactex/MacTeX.dmg>, and I've
got a working TeX installation.  I'm a beginner with TeXshop, not TeX
(I've been using a combined OzTeX and CMacTeX setup most recently - they
share added files).  I've got a few problems using TeXShop and the
supplied TeX distributions.

I suspect my questions are easily answered.

Firstly, how do I tell TeX where to look for TeX input files?  I need to
be able to add a directory tree to the list - I need to have system-wide
TeX inputs available, not just on a user by user basis.

(I need to add some PS T1 founts with their support files at some point
too - any hints?)

Secondly, I don't suppose if anyone knows if there's anything like a
manual for TeXShop?  Preferably something that I can print on paper and
read in the traditional way?

Cheers,
Rowland.