additional texmf tree for all users (was Re: [OS X TeX] Beginner help with TeXshop/MacTex needed)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Aug 28 10:12:38 EDT 2006

On Aug 28, 2006, at 7:31 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Sorry, reading this message again I realize it's rather ambiguous.
> What I was suggesting was to move all i-Installer-maintained
> additions such as ConTeXt updater, CM-Super, MusicTeX, XeTeX etc.
> to texmf.gwtex. In that event, texmf.local would become exclusively
> a repository for local additions by the Mac admin, and never be
> touched by i-Installer (except when being read in order to create
> TeX formats, but never written nor erased).
>
> Bruno Voisin

Howdy,

Then all of these extras will have to be re-installed when the TeX
package is updated. I believe we already see that with XeTeX (which
is a small package so not much of a problem) but some packages (like
CM Super?) are considerably larger. Oh... I thin the packages so save
disk space on my Powerbook.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)