additional texmf tree for all users (was Re: [OS X TeX] Beginner help with TeXshop/MacTex needed)

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Aug 28 10:15:29 EDT 2006

The discussion where to place a personal or shared texmf folder is
getting a bit out of hand. Any additional texmf folder should be
personal, i.e., it should be placed in ~/Library, the present
default. This procedure should apply to each individual user of
machine. If an administrator deems it necessary to offer a basic
personal texmf folder then he should offer a copy that can be placed
in ~/Library.

Claus