[OS X TeX] Macro Editor Bug in TeXShop

Peter Pagin peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
Tue Aug 29 12:23:56 EDT 2006

Thanks Simon,
for the tip to use the main Keyboard Shortcut function for this. Finally
getting time to try it out, I discovered that it worked. Great! I had in
fact used this facility before, but I thought it only worked for adding
new shortcuts, not for cancelling old ones, so I didn't try it.

Thanks also Herb for informing me the KeyEquivalents.Plist is broken.
Maybe it wasn't then just because of my lack of skill that it didn't work.

Best,
Peter

Simon Lisney wrote:
> Perhaps it is possible to use the Prefs > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard
> Shortcuts > Application [specific] Keyboard Shortcuts, to re-assign
> the 'zoom out' function to another unused key,specifically for
> TexShop, and leave the Command + for your shortcut?
>

> On 26 Aug 2006, at 12:40, Peter Pagin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have had a similar experience, previously using the shortcut
>> command+- to produce the backslash. That started to give the error
>> signal. I discovered that the recent version of TexShop uses
>> command+- for zoom-out under Preview / magnification. The shortcut
>> was simply taken. I then tried to remove the zoom-out key-binding by
>> editing the KeyEquivalents.plist according to the help-texts
>> instructions, but I was not able to make it work.
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> delanoy at math.univ-lyon1.fr wrote:
>>>           Hello all,
>>>
>>>  when I started to use TeXShop I created a macro whose
>>> shortcut was Command+', that wrote the string
>>> "{\bf Proof:}  \hfill {Q. E. D.}\newline". I have used that shortcut
>>> for
>>> years
>>> without a problem. And now, all of a sudden, it doesn't work
>>> any more (it produces no output and no reaction in the menu or
>>> elsewhere generally).
>>>
>>>  What is especially surprising is that all the other shortcuts
>>> from the Macro Editor still work ( On my French iBook keyboard
>>> I use the second row of keys to make my macro shortcuts; thus
>>> I have shortcuts of the form Command+&, Command+é, etc ).
>>>
>>>  I did not install a newer version of TexShop recently,
>>> and the key ' alone works as usual. Any ideas ?
>>>
>>>            Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>>                                        Ewan

Professor
Department of Philosophy, Stockholm University
106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
tel: +46-8-162813, fax: +46-8-152226
email: peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se