[OS X TeX] Older Version of Ghostscript in i-Installer

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 30 18:35:04 EDT 2006

On 31-aug-2006, at 0:30, Frederick Hoyt wrote:

> I am trying to use a Fink installation in tandem with a tetex setup
> from i-Installer. The system-tetex in Fink wants Ghostscript 8.51,
> while i-Installer is currently up to 8.54.
>
> Is there a way to install an older version of Ghostscript with i-
> Installer?

No, I don't think so.

Possible options:
1 - compile 8.51 from source
2 - convince fink that 8.54 is quite nice
3 - ditch fink.

After about 5 years of OS X, I think the time has come to opt for
possibility 3, most open source projects acknowledge that OS X
exists, and compile cleanly. What package were you installing
originally?

Maarten